The Sun Gallery is pleased to announce its next exhibition entitled:
“Anything Goes” is an idiom that began life as “everything goes” in an 1879 George Meredith novel, “The Egoist”. So what does a Sun Gallery art exhibition have to do with this phrase? You guessed it! For THIS SHOW Sun Gallery Member Artists can submit a medley of work: any theme, any subject matter, and a variety of media (just keep it decorous).
NOW is your chance to submit your artwork that did not fit previous Sun Gallery show themes. Contribute to our show variety and answer our Call for Art! Help us create a tasty ragout of colors, forms, shades, shapes, moods, messages, and meanings at the Sun Gallery Member’s Show……. Anything Goes!
The show dates will beJune 23 to July 29, 2023, at the Sun Gallery in Hayward. Artwork will be juried for entry digitally or by photo at no cost to the artist, but you must be a member of Sun Gallery to participate.
Not a Member? NO PROBLEM!! Pay our nominal membership fee for 2023 and you’re IN!
PLUS ALL MEMBERS GET TO DISPLAY THEIR FIRST PIECE FREE!! (see below for added pieces $)
Artwork can be any media including, but not limited to
painting, sculpture, glasswork, ceramics, drawing, and assemblage.
The final deadline for consideration of your work in the show is Friday, June 9.
Submission of Works:
Please email your contact information along with the jpeg images of your submissions. JPGs should be no larger than 8” in height and 300 dpi maximum. Please name your files as follows: firstinitial.lastname.title.jpg.
We need 300 dpi images for press releases and postcards, so if you have digital images that size, please send them.
Please send us your photos, either by email email@example.com, subject line: ANYTHING GOES or regular mail to 1015 E St., Hayward CA 94541. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at the same address, subject line ATTN: DORSI.
Artists will be notified on an ongoing basis if their art has been selected for this show. If your work is chosen to be part of the show you will be sent a contract and inventory list:
- Show Fee: Your first piece is FREE and it is $20.00 for up to 2 additional pieces of art not to exceed 25 sq. feet of wall area. You can pick up postcard invitations at the gallery for your own use. If you are not already a Sun Gallery member, you may join the Gallery for this show for a discounted fee of $30 (seniors-$20). Our memberships expire on 12/31. There will be 3 more shows in 2023 in which you may be interested in participating: The Tech Meets Art Exhibit, The Day of the Dead Show & Celebration, and the Holiday Boutique.
- Artists must identify their work with a label attached to the front of the art with: the name, the title of the art piece, medium, and price. This information will be used for the wall labels. All wall-mounted work must be wired and ready to hang, matted and framed, or edges gallery wrapped and finished. No special installation requirements and no ceiling-mounted works are eligible. We reserve the right to refuse to accept work that arrives damaged, is too fragile to be exhibited, or was misrepresented in submission.
- You will need to bring or mail a completed inventory sheet with the same information as above, and a signed contract with your fees.
- A one-page artist statement or biography will be displayed in a show binder if you supply us with one.
- Sun Gallery does not provide art insurance on your work. The Gallery will take every precaution to ensure the safety of your pieces, however, we cannot be held responsible for theft or damage to your work while on the gallery premises. Each artist, if they wish to have it, needs to provide their own insurance.
- Sun Gallery will keep a 30% commission on any sale of artwork.
- No artwork will be removed from the exhibition during the show.
- Local Artists: Deliver uncrated artwork, ready to hang with wire, to the Sun Gallery on Sunday, June 4 (from 12-2) and Monday, June 5 (from 12-2) or June 10 from 12-2 (from 12-2)
- Art Pick Up at the end of the show will be on Sunday and Monday, July 30 & 31,from 12 pm – 2 pm.
- Be sure to join us for the ARTIST RECEPTION planned for Saturday, June 24,from 1 pm – 4 pm.
- Please note: The participating artists will be providing finger foods or beverages for the event.
Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!